Listen Live on  
 

KAT 103.7FM

Omaha's New Country
 
 

Bellevue Girl Rescues Brothers From Burning Home

 
Bellevue Girl Rescues Brothers From Burning Home

It was around 8:00 Thursday morning when Elizabeth Mahan was in her downstairs bedroom.  Her parents were at work. She saw heavy, black smoke coming from the laundry room of their home near Highway 370 and Robin Drive.  

Mahan tells Newsradio 1110 KFAB as she walked up the stairs she saw the laundry room engulfed in flames.   Mahan then raced upstairs where her two brothers were.  One was eating breakfast and the other was asleep.  

She was able to get them and the family dog outside before running to a neighbors house for help.   Bellevue Battalion Chief Joe Gibilisco credits Mahan for preventing a tragedy.

"She saw the fire, didn't waste time and went and got everyone out of the house"    She did a great job."  Gibilisco says this is exactly what they teach kids to do in the schools they visit.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

 

 

Recommended Stories

*