The Nebraska Humane Society says on April 4 Vicki Wagner let her son’s dog into her backyard near 64th and Ellison.  The three year-old Papillion was out for a few minutes.

Wagner tells 1110 KFAB when Murphy came back in he became violently sick.  He was rushed to a  veterinarian and was able to be saved. 

The Nebraska Humane Society says a urine sample from Murphy tested positive for strychnine. 

Four months ago Wagner's two dogs were poisoned to death in their backyard. The Humane Society says the Chihuahua and a Pug/Beagle mix both died a horrendous death by ingesting strychnine.

Evidence of tainted meat was found during an examination.   A $25-hundred reward is now being offered for information leading to the arrest of those responsible.

The two dogs that died in December