Ask any music lover and they’ll have an opinion about the best concert tour they ever saw, and now a new study aims to set the record straight on the topic once and for all.
Vivid Seats and Consequence of Sound have teamed up to reveal what they believe are the Top 100 Greatest Tours of All Time, which features tours in a variety of musical genres.
Topping the list is The Beatles' 1965 U.S. Tour, which featured legendary shows at venues like Shea Stadium and the Hollywood Bowl, but several country artists are reprsented on the list.
The highest charting country star is, no surprise, Garth Brooks, whose 1993-1994 "The Garth Brooks World Tour," lands at 42, while Shania Twain's 1989-99 "Come On Over Tour" is at 79. Taylor Swift is also on the list, with her 2015 "1989 World Tour" landing at 96.
Top Ten Greatest Tours Of All Time(click here for the Top 100)
- The Beatles - 1965 US Tour (1965)
- Michael Jackson - Bad World Tour (1987-89)
- Grateful Dead - Spring 1977 (1977)
- Madonna - Who’s That Girl World Tour (1987)
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience - First UK Tour (1967)
- The Who – The Who Tour 1970 (1970)
- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Darkness Tour (1978)
- Prince and the Revolution - Purple Rain Tour (1984-85)
- David Bowie – The Ziggy Stardust Tour (1972-73)
- Sex Pistols – American Tour (1978)
Source: Vivid Seats