- Independent music publisher Spirit Music Group broke some big news on Thursday (Feb. 24). The company has acquired 90% of Jason Aldean’s recorded music catalog.
- The reportedly $100 million deal includes the acquisition of Aldean’s first nine albums, from his 2005 debut album to his 2019 project, 9. The acquisition also includes neighboring rights and SoundExchange royalties with Aldean retaining the remaining 10% ownership in the catalog.
- Altogether, the acquisition includes 24 No. 1 songs, 34 Top 10 singles, and six Platinum records.
- "It’s cool that a company like Spirit, that’s been around so long, has taken on my music catalog," Aldean notes of the transaction. "It’s something really important to me, so I’m glad it’ll be looked after."
- Spirit Music Group CEO Frank Rogers and Chairman Jon Singer also commented on the deal, praising Aldean's defining role in country music.
- "Jason Aldean has been a consistent hitmaker and trailblazer in country music for nearly two decades." he added, " Spirit Music Group is excited to partner with Jason and we look forward to further championing these important recordings to the world."
Photo: Getty Images