LIST: Cringe-worthy Office Lingo

Cringe-worthy office lingo. According to a new survey, more than 70 percent of us are guilty of using these phrases and the other 30 percent of us are annoyed every time we hear them!

Here are the some of the most cringe-worthy phrases used at the office (from a list of 40):

  • Give 110 percent

  • Think outside the box

  • Hammer it out

  • Heavy lifting

  • Throw them under the bus

  • Pushing the envelope

  • Win-win situation

  • Blue-sky thinking

  • Synergy

  • Low-hanging fruit

  • Take it to the next level

  • Barking up the wrong tree

  • Let's ballpark this

  • Run this up the flagpole

  • Back to square one

  • Paradigm shift

  • Elephant in the room

  • Raise the bar

  • Drill down

  • Deep dive

  • Skin in the game

  • Touch base

  • Play hardball

  • Don't reinvent the wheel

  • Kept in the loop/I’ll loop you in

  • The bottom line

  • Team player

Source: SWNS Digital

KAT 103.7FM · Your #1 for New Country

Listen Now on iHeartRadio

outbrain pixel