If you haven’t even thought about holiday shopping yet, much less started it, you’ll be relieved to know we still have plenty of time to get gifts in the mail for them to arrive on time for the holidays. The major shipping services - UPS, USPS and FedEx - all have their own deadlines for sending mail and packages if you want them to get there by December 25th. And since Christmas Eve is a Sunday this year, shipping may be more limited on that date.
Take note of these holiday shipping deadlines so they don’t sneak up on you:
USPS 2023 holiday shipping dates (for arrival by December 25th)
- Ship by December 16th with Ground Advantage
- Ship by December 16th with First-Class Mail
- Ship by December 18th with Priority Mail Service (December 16th for Hawaii)
- Ship by December 20th with Priority Mail Express Service
- Post offices will be closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (December 24th and 25th), and regular mail won’t be picked up or delivered. USPS WILL deliver Priority Mail Express mail on both days.
UPS 2023 holiday shipping dates (for arrival by December 23rd)
- Ship by December 19th with UPS 3 Day Select
- Ship by December 20th with UPS 2nd Day Air
- Ship by December 21st with UPS Next Day Air
- Use UPS’s shipping calculator to find out the deadline for a Christmas arrival using UPS Ground
- Some UPS stores may be open on December 24th with limited hours, but pickup or delivery services won’t be offered. UPS will be closed on Christmas Day.
FedEx 2023 holiday shipping dates (for arrival by December 24th)
- Ship by December 19th with FedEx Express Saver
- Ship by December 20th with FedEx 2Day and 2Day AM
- Ship by December 22nd with FedEx SameDay
- Some FedEx Office locations may be open on December 24th with modified hours, but FedEx shipping services will not be available. FedEx will be closed on Christmas Day.