In a society that teaches you working harder is better, it's hard to know when you've overworked yourself. With that in mind, Bustle recently spoke to some experts about ways to recover from burning out. Here’s what they had to say:
- Take a vacation. Get totally away and relax; clear your head and relieve stress.
- Take care of your health. Even if your burnout wasn't caused by bad health, it could be contributing to it.
- Look for the lie. Be willing to tell the truth about what isn’t working in your life and be brutally honest with yourself.
- Make some changes in your life. Execute the changes that need to be made with intention.
- Enlist support. Talk to the people that matter in your life, and let them know what changes you’ve made and how they can support you.
- Create a new routine. Disassociate your daily actions with burnout by switching things up--like the sound of your alarm or what you eat for breakfast.
- Explore your passions. Take time for the hobbies you used to love, and take time to discover new ones.