Details about the fairytale wedding of the year are emerging, bit by bit. With less than a month to go before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding, royal watchers are being fed tidbits about the feast that awaits.
- The dress: The Daily Mail reports that Meghan will wear a $135,000 custom gown created by British designer Ralph & Russo when she walks down the aisle at St. George’s Chapel in London’s Windsor Castle to marry her prince.
- The ceremony: Unlike breathless rumors to the contrary, her father will in fact walk her down the aisle. Meghan’s mother, in a break with royal tradition, will accompany her to the wedding.
- Meet-and-greet: Meghan and her mother Doria will reportedly travel to St. George’s Chapel by car. Her parents, who are divorced, will meet the Queen and the rest of the Royal Family after they fly to England the week before the wedding.
- Jason Knauf, Prince Harry’s communications secretary, said at a press briefing: “The first thing I would like to share is that Prince Harry and Ms. Markle are very much looking forward to welcoming Ms. Markle's parents to Windsor for the wedding.
- “Mr. Thomas Markle and Ms. Doria Ragland will be arriving in the UK in the week of the wedding, allowing time for Prince Harry's family, including The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, to spend time with them before the big day.”
- Prince William will serve as best man and his and Kate Middleton’s children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, will be page boy and flower girl. (The latest royal addition, newborn Prince Louis, will not attend).
- The honeymoon: After their May 19thwedding, they will honeymoon in Namibia, according to reports. But not right away. “The couple will be going on honeymoon, but not straightaway,” Knauf said. “They will have their first engagement as a married couple in the week after the wedding.”
Read the Full Story: https://bit.ly/2rolon9