When it comes to relationship advice, moms often provide the best of it. With that in mind, Elite Daily has compiled a list of breakup advice given by real-life moms who have lived through the pain. Here it is:
- Let yourself be sad, let yourself be mad, and then let go. Cry, be mad, talk about it with your best friend, and eat pizza. Then move on!
- Accept that some relationships just aren’t meant to be. Learn from the past and move on.
- Find someone who treats you like the queen that you are. You deserve it!
- It’s not your job to convince someone that you’re worthy. If someone doesn't want to be with you then there's nothing you can or should do to change that.
- Don’t expect the way someone treats you to change. If they don't love and appreciate you now, then don't think that they would have ever loved and appreciated you later.
- Keep yourself busy, and don’t rush. Keeping your mind occupied will help you move on without completely descending into a black hole of misery.
- Accept that breakups are just part of the process. Imagine yourself solving a jigsaw puzzle. There's the one piece you chose and need to find the match. That piece is you.
- Breakups just bring you one step closer to finding the one. Although it hurts now, with time everything will start to heal.
- Breakups offer the opportunity to figure out what you want. Dating and real estate have similar traits: There's always a trade-off.