A 30-year-old man was ordered to vacate his parents' New York home on Tuesday after they sued him for refusing to move out. ABC 7 reports that Mark and Christina Rotondo had been for months to get their son Michael to leave their home, where he has been living rent-free for eight years after moving back in when he lost his job. The Rotondos said that Michael never contributed financially or by doing any chores. They also alleged that he accepted $1,100 they gave him to find a place of his own, but proceeded to ignore their requests for him to leave. The Rotondos took the case to court after months of being ignored by Michael because New York state law protects family members from eviction. After the judge ruled that Michael would have to leave the home immediately, he called the ruling "outrageous" and said he plans to appeal.
Content Goes Here