Personal trainer Marcus Rice took to Instagram to set the record straight on six myths that need to get kicked to the curb. You’ll be thrilled too!
- “Eating carbs makes you fat”- It’s not what you eat but how many calories you put into your body. Put too many calories in and over time you’ll gain weight.
- “Weightlifting makes you bulky and unattractive”- Lifting weights sheds body fat and makes you leaner.
- “Tons of cardio is needed to get toned”- Cardio does burn calories but strength training is more effective.
- “Eating clean is all that matter for weight loss”- Healthy foods are better for you and make you feel fuller and more energized, but you still need to be mindful of calories.
- “You can’t enjoy your favorite food when dieting”- The rule of thumb is everything in moderation.
- “You can spot reduce fat on your body”- Crunches won’t reduce your belly fat and squats won’t get rid of cellulite. The only way to reduce the fat is get rid of it overall.