According to Cosmopolitan, these six gestures often come off as “romantic” in a new relationship--but can actually be red flags for problems ahead. Here they are:
- They profess their love early on. This behavior is common among controlling, abusive or narcissistic partners.
- They overshare on the first date. This suggests they may not be in the right place to start a new relationship.
- They chat you ip nonstop. Overdoing it on the meme-sending can be a sign someone is clingy.
- They want to spend all their time with you. Requests for more quality time together can become toxic and unhealthy when you feel pressured.
- They’re super protective of you. Irrational jealousy can be a sign your partner is controlling.
- They make grandiose promises. People who dramatically promise they'll never leave or wound you are precisely the ones who do.