6 Easy Ways to Lose Weight (When You Love Carbs)
These tips will help you lower the number on your scale.
- Losing weight can be tough--especially if you’re somebody who loves carbs. With that in mind, The Los Angeles Times has compiled a list of six easy tips for slimming down. Here they are:
- Combine fiber and protein at every meal. The combination of protein and fiber is more filling than protein alone, and encourages your body to hold onto more muscle mass while losing weight.
- Eat breakfast. Aim to meet up to half your fiber needs before noon.
- Eat a mid-afternoon snack. A 200-300 calorie snack of protein and fiber helps stave off the hunger that will make you overeat at dinner.
- Watch your portions and your protein. Limit the amount of lean meat you eat at dinner to three or four ounces for women, six to eight ounces for men.
- Opt for an appetizer when dining out. Broth-based soup or a green salad is a great way to fill up and help meet your fiber requirement before your entree arrives.
- Make your last meal your smallest. People tend to save all of their calories for the end of the day when their metabolism is at its slowest.