One of the hardest parts about going on a trip is making sure you can fit everything you need inside your luggage--especially if you don’t want to check a bag. Thankfully, Elite Daily has compiled a list of eight tips that will ensure you get a week’s worth of clothes inside a carry-on. Here they are:
- Consider your choice of carry-on. In addition to being the right size, you want luggage that’s sturdy for all of your adventures.
- Use a duffel bag as your personal item. Duffels can fit underneath the seat in front of you and carry any larger items that don't fit in your luggage.
- Put all your toiletries in a cosmetic bag. This keeps everything together for both packing and unpacking purposes.
- Put your toiletries in smaller containers. Buy travel-sized shampoos and conditioners and refill them when they are empty for your next trip.
- Downsize your makeup by packing multi-use products. Pro tip: You can use a stick bronzer as a contour, blush, and eyeshadow, depending on how you apply it.
- Stuff your stuff into other stuff. Stuff your hats with a sweater or a bag of underwear to hold the shape and make use of the space inside the hat.
- Plan your outfits in advance. Making an outfit itinerary ensures that you're not bringing stuff you won't need.
- Roll your clothes. It really does save space!