Fashion trends come and go and what’s out of style usually comes back around again, if you wait long enough. That’s the case with some of the popular accessories today, which you may remember from back in the 90s. The looks are the same, with some modernized touches and you won’t seem out of touch wearing these old school accessories today.
- Flannel - This durable material never really went out of style, but it did hit its peak with young people back in the 90s. But now you can proudly wear your battered flannel once again, or tie it around your waist, whatever works for you.
- Skechers Sneakers - Don’t roll your eyes, these kick were on the runways at New York Fashion Week, so they’re trendy once again. Wear the chunky, athletic, dad-tastic shoes with skinnies or a little black dress, anywhere and everywhere but to the gym.
- Scrunchies - Like it or not, scrunchies are back. These hair ties may be basic, but they’re in again.
- Flared Jeans - If you’ve saved your old denim, you’re in luck, because somewhere in your stockpile, you’ve held onto a pair of flared jeans and they’re cool to wear again, apparently. They were first big in the 70s and then had a comeback in the 90s and 00s, and you’ll be seeing more of them again soon.
- Toe Rings - The single toe ring look used to be cool but these days the stacked jewelry trend with necklaces, bracelets and rings has moved to toe rings.
- Claw Clips - You’ve probably still got one in a bathroom drawer to hold your hair back while you wash your face, but those utilitarian claw clips are back in style, so wear ‘em with pride.
- Slides - Sport your Adidas or Puma slides with or without socks and wear them anywhere your feet take you, including brunch.