Bustle recently spoke with a handful of human resources managers to compile a list of nine questions you should ask before accepting a new position. Here they are:
- “How long do I have to accept the offer?” When it comes to something as important as your career, you should never rush a decision.
- "What are the core working hours?" Not all jobs operate on a nine-to-five schedule, so it's important to ask about when you'll be expected in the office.
- "Does the salary package include any benefits?" This could include health care, dental, stocks, bonuses and many other benefits.
- “Is the salary negotiable?” If the original offer isn't what you were hoping for, it's important to feel comfortable going to bat for yourself.
- "How can I make an impact in this job?” This will give you the tools to succeed once you start.
- "Are their opportunities for growth?” Asking about growth opportunities up front will give you an idea of what to expect after a few years in this new role.
- "What are the company’s vaules/ mission?” Every company has a mission statement, but not every company is going to have a mission statement that resonates with you personally.
- "How will my success as an employee be evaluated?” It’s helpful to have an idea of how your performance in the role is going to be evaluated.
- "Why did the previous person leave this position?” It will help you understand what your employer is looking for in the next employee to take the job.
CLICK HERE for full story