Still deciding how to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your someone special? There’s still plenty of time to plan something romantic for your sweetie and it doesn’t have to include a bed covered with rose petals and dozens of candles, unless that’s what you guys are into. Little gestures that show your partner you get them are way more intimate than some cliché idea of the ideal date and these ideas may inspire your inner romantic.
- Recreate your first date ever - Reminisce about the early days of your romance by going on a date like your first one, even if it was at a dive bar, your partner will be happy you remembered.
- Sit for an Omakase dinner - During an Omakase tasting menu, the chef will create a sushi menu for you and your date using the freshest catches of the day.
- Have your birth chart read - Go to an expert astrologer to have your natal charts read and see what the stars say about your love.
- Play “Great British Bake Off” - What’s more romantic than baking some treats and then eating them together?
- Get a room - If you have roommates, treat your Valentine to a hotel room for the night and enjoy having the whole place to yourselves.
- Buy a ticket to a random show - Support the arts and feel cultured by seeing a cool new play or checking out a local band.
- Take a hike - Enjoy an outdoor adventure and a brief digital detox with your sweetie by setting off to hike a nature trail.
- Snap photos - Find an Instagrammable location nearby or a photo booth and take some Valentine’s Day pictures. You might as well embrace it since you know you’re going to post a Valentine’s Day Instagram anyway.
Source: Refinery 29