Elite Daily recently chatted with a doctor and learned about the scientific reasons laughter actually benefits your health. Here are some of the benefits:
- It improves your relationships.When we share joy and connection with others we feel better.
- A fit of giggles can help you feel more chill.Laughter triggers the production of key neurochemicals like dopamine, which produce calming, anti-anxiety benefits.
- Laughing might be able to protect you from getting sick.Stress can suppress your immune system and lead to sickness, while laughter can have the opposite effect by improving and enhancing immune system components and blood flow so you are more 'sickness'-resistant.
- It’ll probably keep your heart healthy.Laughter is also known for lowering blood pressure and improving cardiovascular health in the body.
- Laughter helps you manage pain.Laughter increases levels of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals, and can temporarily relieve pain.
- It’ll help you appreciate the best parts of your life.It provides balance to the seriousness of life and work.
CLICK HERE for the full article