Stressed about taxes this year? You're not the only one, since recent changes in the tax code have made this "the most complicated tax season ever." Thankfully, LifeHacker has some tips for if you can't finish filing by the April 15 deadline. Here they are:
- Request a tax extension, which requires a simple form and doesn't incur penalties. The extension grants you an extra six months.
- Beware that you should estimate how many taxes you think you owe to avoid penalties and fees down the line.
- You still need to make IRA and HSA contributions for 2018 by April 15.
- Remember that you'll receive your refund after you file your taxes.
- Don't forget about your state taxes and their deadline requirements.