There are a number of things you can do to be better received in nearly every interaction. According to Bustle, here are eight of them:
- Maintain open body language.Drop any barriers between you and the other person. This demonstrates trust, and trust is fundamental to likability.
- Give others their personal space.Make yourself approachable without moving into someone’s personal space.
- Listen and pay attention to the person who’s talking.If you want to be likable, you need to show people that you respect them by actually listening to them.
- Be mindful of the way you speak.It’s important to get a feel for how others are and make slight adjustments in the way you talk if you feel like it's necessary.
- Give compliments.People like knowing that they're appreciated.
- Mirror the person you’re interacting with.This creates a psychological bond because the other person believes you have something in common.
- Remember someone’s name and use it throughout the conversation.It can be incredibly meaningful for people to know you have listened to their name and remembered it. Just don’t overdo it.
- Show up as your authentic self.When you're trying to be a version of yourself that you're not, it will show.
CLICK HERE for more