Thought Catalog has compiled a list of seven harsh truths about life that will make you a more powerful person. Here they are:
- Nobody is actually too busy to respond to you.If you’re not hearing back from someone, it’s because they have deliberately chosen not to answer you.
- Everyone has his or her own best interests at heart.Most people are going to take as much from you as you let them get away with.
- You are never going to please everybody.You’re going to be criticized no matter what you do, so you might as well do what you love.
- The world owes you absolutely nothing.You can spend your entire life feeling sorry for yourself because you deserve more than you’re getting, or you can go out into the world and actually claim what’s yours.
- The prize for arguing on behalf of your restrictions is getting to keep them.The difference between the people who get what they want out of life and those who don’t is that the people who get what they want ignore their excuses.
- Your actions define you, not your thoughts.At the end of the day, your character is determined by what you do, not by what you think about.
- Nobody is coming to save you from your life.If you want to see change in your life, you have to create it from the ground up