Kids aren't easy and rubbing sunscreen on them can be a major challenge. Thankfully, Lifehacker has compiled this helpful list of tips for successfully and painlessly smearing them with SPF. Here they are:
- Get them before they can escape. Your best bet is to do it while they're strapped into a car seat or a stroller. The extra benefit of doing this is it allows the sunscreen some time to seep in before heading outdoors.
- Do a countdown. Let the kids know when the torture is going to end by counting down when you're almost finished greasing them up. You can also pick a song to sing to them--or to sing together--to pass the time.
- Get silly.Have your kids make silly faces as you rub on their sunscreen or make pictures with the lotion as you squirt it on.
- Let them help.Prepare them for the future when they'll have to rub the sunscreen on themselves, and halve the amount of time it takes to grease them up by splitting the work up. Assign them specific body parts to rub in.
- Make it a routine.Be consistent and incorporate it into your "getting ready to go outside" process. Also, get them used to reapplying their sunscreen since one application isn't enough!
CLICK HERE for the full story