Pressed for time? Want to save money? Trying to eat healthy? Consider creating a desk pantry. In addition to having easy-to-grab snacks, you'll need to stock up on staples to help you create balanced and well-rounded meals. Here are some essentials that every desk-side pantry should have, according to NBC News:
- Whole grains:crackers, oatmeal cups, bags of popcorn, rice cakes.
- Proteins:dried fruits, whole fruits, dried veggies, seaweed.
- Plant-based fats:olives, nuts, seeds, avocados, nut butters.
- Mini meals:Combine your ingredients to create quick and easy snacks like rice cakes + roasted seaweed + canned tuna + olives or popcorn + roasted chickpeas + dried fruit + nuts.
- Extras:Don't forget condiments and sauces to help spruce up your creations.