Do you have a hard time waking after after a good sleep? Thankfully, Lifehacker has compiled a list of things you can do to give your body a jolt. Here they are:
- Make your coffee bitter.When every sip is more bitter than what you’re used to, you might just feel more awake while drinking it.
- Grab a few minutes of direct sunlight.Soak up some Vitamin D, breathe some fresh air and let your ears feel the openness of an unmuffled, non-office world.
- Pull your hair.Slowly and gently tug at your hair to get blood flowing to your head in a new and refreshing way.
- Splash cold water on your face.Just don’t go overboard and come out of the office bathroom looking like you fell in.
- Use your computer as an alarm clock.The basic idea is to make you actually pay attention to your alarm, instead of just going back to sleep.
- Take a meme break.Laughter can help wake up a sleepy person better than almost anything but sheer terror.
- Pop a strong mint.Consider getting a menthol stick--they’re so strong that they help actors fake tears.
- Massage your hands.The area between your palm and your wrist is a fairly sensitive one; giving it a minute-long deep rub can give you all the good feelings, while not putting you to sleep in the process.
- Interact with a complete stranger.Our bodies tend to wake up pretty quickly to avoid any sort of social awkwardness.
- Play fast-tempo music.Play music you love, but absolutely keep it upbeat and fast.
- Stretch your back, neck and legs.The point is to really stretch so that the blood gets flowing again throughout your entire body.
- Take off some layers.Taking it off a layer may give enough of a chill factor to shake things up and stave off drowsiness.
- Flip your head upside-down.The massive rush of blood to the head can be a big pick-me-up.
- Bite a lemon!A zesty slap to the face might be exactly what you need.
CLICK HERE for the full story