Who deserves a $2,000 pair of cowboy boots for Father's Day? Your dad, that's who--provided he's set up a trust fund for you. To this end,The Wall Street Journalhas come up with a list of 16 (really expensive) Father's Day gifts for "cool dads." Several of their suggestions are below (click on the link for all 16):
- Charvet Leather-Trimmed Woven Elastic Belt ($270).This belt stretches, so dad can allow himself a second helping of creamed spinach.
- La Pavoni Europiccola Espresso Machine ($900).It’s like driving a vintage Italian sports car with manual transmission, minus the propulsion.
- Croakies Leather Cord ($10).Shades are easier to find when they're hanging around your neck than sitting atop your head.
- Lucchese Wilson Roper Boots ($2,000).They're expensive, sure, but they'll probably last forever!
- Square Shot Glass ($157).The Japanese are masters of the art of precious scars. The word “kintsugi” often refers to using precious metals to bring together the pieces of broken pottery — but its implication is that breakage can add value and exemplify resilience.
- Suntory's Hibiki Japanese Harmony Whisky ($73).For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.
- Patagonia Stretch Hydroflow Board Shorts ($120).Put your old man in the best board shorts made by the best company.
- New Balance ML1500V1 Sneakers ($220).The ugly sneaker is in, so give dad the satisfaction of saying, “I told you so.”
CLICK HERE for the full article