Short on vacation time for the second half of the year? Then fake it! To this end, Lifehacker has several suggestions for how to feel like you're on holiday when you're not:
- Drink Thai iced tea.As long as the weather’s warm enough, that takes me way closer to feeling like I’m poolside than it rationally should.
- Fancy toiletries, fresh sheets and wearing a robe."Robe=luxury."
- Put your phone on "Do Not Disturb" and read magazines.Ideally, this would be done on a picnic blanket outside or on the floor.
- Take your laptop into the kitchen with your morning coffee.This feels terribly carefree, yet adult.
- Get something spicy for lunch and read a book at work. This life-hacker says, "I got through a summer of fast-food shifts by making myself the same turkey cheddar sandwich on a croissant every day, and diving into a paperback ofA Clockwork Orange. Weirdly, it felt a tiny bit like a vacation."
CLICK HERE for the full story