Most People Like To Browse For Holiday Gifts, Rather Than Make A List
While some people may like to have a set plan when they head out for their holiday shopping, a new survey suggests a lot of people prefer to make shopping for holiday gifts a complete experience.
The survey finds:
- 48.5% of people actually prefer to discover their holiday gifts simply while browsing stores.
- Only 25.9% use a list and shop with a purpose.
- An additional 14.8% will simply ask people what they want, while 10.8% will just give cash or gift cards.
But just because some people prefer to browse, doesn’t mean they completely enjoy the holiday shopping experience.
- 37.3% say crowded stores and long lines are what they like least about holiday shopping.
- 31.1% say the worst part is trying to figure out what to get everyone.
And when shopping folks should keep this in mind – bigger isn’t always better.
- 49.3% of people say they’d prefer to receive lots of smaller gifts.
- Only 28.3% want one big gift.
- While 22.4% would prefer cash or gift cards so they could pick out their own gift.
- ONE MORE THING! It seems that folks really like to find a bargain during the holiday shopping season. In fact, the poll finds that 29.3% of women and 14.3% of men said they prefer a great bargain to great sex.
Source: Gift Happy