There are some people who wake up ready to hit the gym or go for a run every day and then there are the rest of us. The ones who are less dedicated to our fitness plans, as in we don’t even have one. If working out is literally the last thing you feel like doing, we’re here for you. When you need some major motivation to tackle a sweat sesh, try these tips trainers use to get themselves moving when they need a push.
- Keep scrolling- Take some inspiration from Instagram accounts using hashtags like #cleaneats or #healthyeating. Or check out exercise and fitness accounts and see if a new move or seeing people who in great shape motivates you to exercise.
- Rewind then fast forward- If you’re on a fitness or weight loss journey, sometimes looking back at where you’ve been will help you focus on the future and where you want to be. Flip through some old photos of yourself to remind yourself where you were then envision what you need to do to stay on track.
- Just start showing up- Sometimes forcing yourself to put on your workout clothes and walk out the front door or opening your workout app will be enough to kickstart your motivation and you’ll push play on the workout video or start walking around the block.
- Make short workouts harder- If your procrastination has put you in a time crunch, use it to your advantage. The less time you have, the tougher you should make your workout. No matter how much time you have, you can always fit in a solid sweat sesh.
- Bribe yourself- When you’re feeling too lazy to exercise, entice yourself with a reward if you do. Maybe it’s treating yourself to a meal with friends afterwards or getting a massage, you know what works best for you, so use it.