- Mattel wants to make sure the world of Barbie looks more like the real world.
- The new addition to the Barbie Fashionista line includes a doll with a behind-the-ear hearing aid, another one with a prosthetic leg, and a Ken with the skin condition vitiligo.
- Some of the new dolls include smaller bust lines and more curvy figures. Updated Ken figures will have different, shorter hairstyles.
- The Fashionista collection includes 175 different dolls with a "variety of skin tones, eye colors, hair colors and textures, body types, disabilities, and fashions."
- Mattel's Executive Vice President Lisa McKnight said, "It's important for kids to see themselves reflected in product and to encourage play with dolls that don't resemble them to help them understand and celebrate the importance of inclusion."
CLICK HERE for the full story
Photo: Getty Images