- A Rhode Island waitress received special treatment on a frustrating day.
- Jennifer Vernancio was stressed going into her job at The Big Cheese & Pub in Cranston. She couldn't find a babysitter for her 3-year-old son because a child at daycare was sick.
- She had to leave her son with her 16-year-old daughter and head to work.
- Jennifer described her first customers of the day as a "super, super nice gentleman and his wife."
- They ordered sandwiches and paid the $48.17 bill. As they left, Jennifer said, "The gentleman looked over his shoulder and said to have a nice day. I said, 'You too,'"
- She continued, "I go over to pick up the check, I don't even know. They left me an $810 tip. I'm like, are you kidding? This can't be. I brought it to my manager and at first I'm like, 'This can't be.' She's like, 'Oh no, that's it.'"
- Jennifer thanked the unidentified couple saying, "To the gentleman and his wife that left that generous tip, I just want to say thank you so much. It meant a lot. The money is very much appreciated. It helps out no matter what. However, the kindness behind it and making my day from going a little hectic to that kind of a tip made me smile the rest of the day."
Rhode Island waitress surprised with $810 tip on $48.17 bill - UPI.com
Photo: Getty Images