The above video is not an ideal solution for most of us. But it's fun to think about getting revenge on a porch pirate.
However there are several things that you can do to protect your packages from theft this holiday season.
- Schedule deliveries for a time you know you'll be home.
- Amazon customers : Many areas have lockers and counters where packages can be delivered for free. Click HERE to learn more and see if one is close to you.
- Use text alert services offered by delivery companies so you know when your package arrives.
- See if your employer will let you have your package delivered to work.
- Ship your packages certified or request that a signature be required for deliveries.
- If you do porch delivery, make sure your home security cameras are working and well positioned. Doorbell cameras at belly level get clear recordings of thieves' faces. If you have a traditional security camera system, aim a camera toward the porch entrance at doorbell level.