- Who knew the CMA Awards would bring a little bit of controversy.
- First time host Luke Bryan cracked a joke in an effort to note the CMA’s COVID protocols for the show.
- "We’re following all the health protocols to keep everyone safe and it’s so great to be here with all my fellow artists, tested and together. Or immunized? Who is it? Just playin’!”
- Then, the camera immediately panned to Carrie Underwood and her husband, Mike Fisher, who recently came out in support of Aaron Rodgers and his decision to not get a vaccine.
- Though Carrie hasn’t publicly commented on any of it, the CMA camera man did not miss a beat and caught Carrie. giving. Luke the ultimate side-eye. Twitter then had thoughts.
- "I love how the cameras turned to Carrie Underwood, Jason Aldean, and Erik Church after the vaccination joke. Hahah Carrie looked so annoyed. #CMAs #CMAAwards," one user commented.
- "Y’all @carrieunderwood did NOT look amused when @lukebryan was talking lol. #CMAS2021," commented another.
- "THE SHADE!!! Luke Bryan said something about the unvaccinated and ABC panned the camera over to Carrie Underwood. I AM SCREAMING. y’all know the the situation. I CANT! #CMAAWARDS @CountryMusic."
Photo: Getty Images