Living in the moment is easier said than done. With that in mind, Elite Daily has compiled a list of five easy ways to get in touch with your inner #YOLO. Here they are:
- Humor is key. Try writing down three funny things that happen in your life each day.
- Be aware of your body. Start simply with doing a scan of your body parts; it will take you out of your head and into the embodiment of the present moment.
- Stop thinking about past mistakes. If regrets seem to plague you during the day, recognize the thoughts, say thank you, and experiment with moving on.
- Make your own affirmations. Starting your day with your own affirmation (not someone else's) will set you up for a positive day.
- Stop making comparisons. Consider the standards you are holding yourself and others to, and if it's actually realistic, and if it's actually worth it.