Elite Daily has put together a list of famous couples who got matching tattoos--but ended up breaking up. Here they are:
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand. Prior to Brand reportedly asking Perry for a divorce via text, the one-time lovebirds inked "go with the flow" in Sanskrit on their inner biceps. However, they called it quits only 14 months after marrying in an extravagant India wedding.
- Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan married in a star-studded Malibu ceremony in 2009. They got matching tattoos that read "Side by side" on their honeymoon in Bali soon after, but split nearly nine years later.
- Rihanna and Drake. Drake and Rihanna's more than 10-year relationship has included a lot of labels—friends, enemies, significant others. In 2016, they were spotted out and about with matching shark tats that symbolized a Toronto aquarium date they enjoyed. However, things looked to have fizzled not long after.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom. The couple got each other's initials tattooed on their hands. Sadly, the marriage (and tattoo) didn't last. The pair finalized their divorce in 2016. Kardashian documented the removal process on Snapchat a year later.
- Ellie Goulding and Dougie Poynter. The former flames showed off their matching middle finger skulls in an Instagram, captioned "Skullin ell." After romancing the "Love Me Like You Do" songstress for nearly two years, Poynter ended his relationship with Goulding in 2016.
- Sarah Hyland and Dominic Sherwood. The duo ended their two-year relationship in 2017, but not before getting a very permanent reminder of their past together. Hyland posted a fresh arrow design to her Instagram in 2015. Days later, Sherwood posted his own. "Evidence of last night's escapades!!" he wrote. Oops.
- Ciara and Future. Ciara said goodbye to her fiancé and their matching ring-finger ink when the pair ended their two-year engagement in 2014. The co-parents sealed their relationship with similar "N" and "C" tattoos, before a source revealed Ciara was ditching hers almost immediately following their split announcement.