Sometimes life feels like a lot and between the news and the bad tweets, it feels like too much to handle. That’s when we need to tune out all that negativity and focus on feeling good. Need some help in that department? Try this self-care routine to boost your mood even when everything feels kinda bad.
- Put clean sheets on your bed - Sure, it’s a pain to strip the bed, wash the sheets, and put clean ones on, but the happy, relaxed feeling you’ll get when you slip into bed is totally worth it.
- Do some kind of sweaty workout - Dealers choice, yoga, running, dancing, or even sex. Just release some of that energy and stress while working up a sweat and you’re bound to feel better.
- Dry brush your skin - Dry brushing exfoliates your skin, stimulates your lymphatic system, unclogs pores and “decongests skin,” plus, it only takes five minutes.
- Take a shower - Long or short, hot or cool, shave if that’s your thing, just get in there and enjoy it.
- Moisturize your body with coconut oil - After the dry brushing and shower, applying some coconut oil will give you soft skin for days, or at least 24 hours.
- Put on a robe - Don’t rush to get dressed after your shower, pretend you’re at a spa and lounge around in the robe of your choice for as long as you like.
- When you do get dressed, put on comfy, clean clothes - After your coconut oil is absorbed, pick out something fresh, not something from that pile of recently-worn clothes we all pull from, and get dressed. Choose something soft and cozy for max comfort.
- Head to the couch or your bed - You’ve relaxed your body and now it’s time to enjoy your luxurious state of comfort. Light a candle, read a book, do your nails, watch “Planet Earth,” meditate, or write in a journal - anything soothing that pleases you. And at least for the next few hours, everything is going to feel okay.