They're some of the most oft-quoted movie lines on the planet, and yet people regularly get them wrong. Behold, Mental Floss' list of 10 famous movie lines you're probably misquoting:
1. Movie: Snow White & the Seven Dwarves
Famous Misquote: "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"Actual Quote: "Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"
2. Movie: The Treasure of Sierra MadreFamous Misquote: "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"Actual Quote: "Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
3. Movie: CasablancaFamous Misquote: "Play it again, Sam."Actual Quote: "Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By.'"
4. Movie: HondoFamous Misquote: "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.Actual Quote: "A man oughta do what he thinks is best."
5. Movie: Dirty HarryFamous Misquote: "Do you feel lucky, punk?"Actual Quote: "You've got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya, punk?"
6. Movie: JawsFamous Misquote: "We're gonna need a bigger boat."Actual Quote: "You're gonna need a bigger boat."
7. Movie: The Empire Strikes BackFamous Misquote: "Luke, I am your father."Actual Quote: "No, I am your father."
8. Movie: Field of DreamsFamous Misquote: "If you build it, they will come."Actual Quote: "If you build it, he will come."
9. Movie: The Silence of the LambsFamous Misquote: "Hello, Clarice."Actual Quote: "Good evening, Clarice."
10. Movie: Forrest GumpFamous Misquote: "Life is like a box of chocolates: You never know what you're gonna get."Actual Quote: "My momma always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."